Nov 3, 2010

I need a job.

I can't believe I just said that, but it's true. I am beyond bored here in Nanaimo. It's not the city itself, I really like it here, I'm just going a bit (a lot) stir crazy. Marie took a contract in the Nanaimo office of her old employer. She will be working full time for them until the end of January. And me...well I've read a lot of books since she went back to work. I'd actually forgotten how much I enjoy having a job. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a worker bee by any stretch of the imagination. I like to set my own hours, and I still think 5 day workweeks are pushing the boundaries of cruel and unusual punishment, but I miss having somewhere to go during the day. I miss having coworkers and terrible office coffee and a steady supply of annoying interruptions throughout the day. I am still freelancing a little for the Lethbridge Journal and I wouldn't feel right about applying for a job knowing that I would be leaving after a few months. But, given that's its the holiday season, I am actually considering getting a Christmassy-type job. And by 'considering' I mean 'already applying'. I've applied to be a Santa Photographer.

I'm not kidding.

The funny thing about me being a Santa Photographer is that I don't really like Christmas. Even as a child you wouldn't have been able to get me on Santa's lap for a photo. But I saw the help wanted ad and was strangely compelled to apply. I'm sure nothing will come of it. I am sure I will still spend the next three months emptying the Nananimo Library and blogging about my boredom...but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment